My Review | Weddings at Dreams Tulum Resort 2022 | w/Prices
If you’ve not heard about Dreams Tulum Weddings, then where have you been?
I won’t beat around the bush…
In the destination wedding world, AM Resorts (AKA Dreams, NOW, Sunscape, etc) have earned a stellar reputation…
Which largely boils down to incredible attention to detail, world-class service, and excellent bang for your buck.
As one of the only 5* all-inclusive hotels in the Tulum region, Dreams Tulum is the perfect blend of lavish luxury in a bohemian location.
The DL On Dreams Tulum Weddings
- Hotel Overview
- Package Options, Inclusions & Additional Costs
- Ceremony & Reception Options
- Gay Weddings At Dreams Tulum
- Room Types
- Food & Drink
- Activities & Group Entertainment
- What Brides & Grooms Said…
- Why We Like It (Pros/Cons)
- Additional Resources You May Find Useful
- Start Planning Your Dream Day
1. Hotel Overview
Dreams Tulum is an award-winning family-friendly AAA Four-Diamond all-inclusive resort.
The perfect escape for travelers who don’t like to compromise on luxuries during their vacation, but prefer to be away from the hustle and bustle of big towns.
Situated on the sugar-white sands (direct access to the beach) and encapsulated by lush tropical rainforest this property is the epitome of Caribbean bliss.
Just minutes away from the ancient Mayan Ruins and in close proximity to some of the region’s best attractions such as Xel-Ha you will never be short of things to do.
The hotel is renowned for its world-class service, it’s epic jungle spa, and comfortable rooms.
Rooms include an iPod dock, flat-screen cable TV, and a DVD player. The complimentary minibar is restocked daily.
All rooms have a balcony overlooking either the gardens or the Caribbean Sea, and swim-up suites are available, so ask one of our Specialists about them today!
There are 9 restaurants and 6 lounges, but the Himitsu (Chinese and Thai) and El Patio (Mexican) have got to be my favorite.
24-hour room service is also available!
There are daily activities to keep everyone entertained as well as nighttime entertainment.
Average Price Per Person, Per Night
- $330-440 per person per night
- $330 in the lowest season – Sept, Oct
- Max room occupancy is 4 (3 adults 1 kid, or 2 adults 2 kids)
- This is a medium-sized resort with 432 rooms
Get a quote from our Wedding Coordinators and expert Travel Liaisons today.
2. Wedding Package Options
This is my favorite part!
I like to show you exactly what bang you get for your buck at this hotel.
To do this, I’ve selected one of my favorite wedding packages Dreams Tulum offers to couples like you.
Please note there are lots of options to suit all budgets (too many to mention).
If and when you reach out to us to inquire about planning your wedding, our coordinators will present you with all the options; helping you to breathe life into your vision and get you organized.
Without further ado…
***PLEASE NOTE PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE***
Dreams Ultimate Wedding Package
$3799 USD for up to 20 guests
All-Inclusive Package Inclusions:
- Service of judge or minister
- Semi-private rehearsal dinner for ten max
- Wedding organization and personal touch of an on-site coordinator
- Preparation and ironing of couple’s wedding day attire
- Complimentary room for one member of the wedding couple the night before the wedding
- Bouquet and boutonniere for the wedding couple
- Two boutonnieres and two corsages for the wedding party
- Sound system with speaker and microphone
- Hairstyling and makeup application for one member of the wedding couple for day of the ceremony
- Ceremony decor (20 chairs with white covers, ceremonial table, and aisle runner)
- Wedding cake and sparkling wine for up to 20 guests
- One natural floral centerpiece for ceremonial table
- Live Mexican music trio (one set, during cocktail hour)
- Special turndown service night of the wedding
- 15% discount on all spa treatments (Spa boutique purchases not included)
- Newlywed Package
- Welcome letter
- Fresh fruit
- Bottle of sparkling wine
- Breakfast in bed with mimosas (reservations must be in advance with concierge)
- Late checkout for the couple
- 50 full-color photos and wedding album
- Video of the ceremony (30 minutes)
- Choice of one couples spa treatment
- Free anniversary nights
Extra Wedding Costs to consider
- DJ & Dance floor
- Decor tweaks
- Floral Tweaks
- Outside Vendor Fees
- Wedding Favors
Perks When You Book a Dreams Wedding
- Romantic beach dinners
- Spa treatments and discounts
3. Ceremony & Reception Venues
At this resort, you will be spoilt for choice when it comes to selecting your dream wedding venue.
There’s a total of 7 to choose from.
Dreams Tulum have recently added two new wedding ceremony and reception venues to their impressive portfolio.
These venues are the secluded Secret Garden and the beautiful Sky Terrace overlooking the ocean.
Beach – 250 guests max
Dreams Garden – 200 guests max
Secret Garden Gazebo – 150 guests max
Convention Center Ballroom – 120 guests max
Jungle/Garden Gazebo – 100 guests max
Sunset Rooftop – 60 guests max
Chapel – 40 guests max
If you’ve ever had the pleasure of taking a stroll along any of Tulum’s beaches you will know just how beautiful they are.
The best part about Dreams Tulum beach?
In my opinion, it’s how wide and private it is!
Not to mention it’s beautifully framed in parts with lush looming palm trees.
Weddings on the beach here are usually tucked away in a quiet corner of the beach that offers unobstructed views of the ocean and the shorelines edge.
2. Dreams Garden
This is a large space perfect for bigger reception parties.
Some couples prefer this as the grass and garden are easy to walk on, especially in heels.
All garden options at this resort are perfect for those of you who want more privacy for your special occasion.
3. Secret Garden Gazebo
The Mexican jungle is completely underrated if you ask me.
Do you picture yourself getting married under a palapa hut, surrounded by thick lush greenery, perfectly landscaped, with the wilderness’ echos as the white noise to your wedding?
If yes, then look no further.
4. Convention Center Ballroom
It’s always good to know the resort has an indoor backup option because let’s face it failing to prepare, is preparing to fail in my eyes.
This space can be arranged beautifully to host groups of all sizes.
5. Jungle Garden Gazebo
Yes, this resort has not one but two garden gazebos to choose from. Take your pick.
6. Sunset Rooftop
My favorite of them all! I mean, just look at it.
I can feel the ocean breeze whipping through my hair as I write this.
Finally, if your religion is something you hold close to your heart this has got to be one of the prettiest adorned chapels in all of the Riviera Maya.
4. Gay Weddings At Dreams Tulum
You may be wondering “can you have a Same-Sex Wedding at Dreams Riviera Cancun?”
Yes, you can have a same-sex wedding at the Dreams Tulum.
This resort actually made our list of top hotels to host your gay wedding!
It gets the PlayaDelCarmen.Com stamp of approval from us.
Love is love, after all!
Other articles you may find useful on this subject include:
5. Rooms at Dreams Tulum
All 432 elegant, non-smoking guest rooms and suites at Dreams Tulum provide luxurious amenities that you’d only picture in your wildest dreams.
These rooms and suites are spacious and offer well-appointed bathrooms, living areas, private terraces or balconies, and gorgeous views of the lush resort gardens or the crystal-clear Caribbean Sea.
Swim-out rooms and suites provide an even higher level of luxury, as they grant guests with direct access to a swimming pool right from their terrace.
The adults-only rooms and suites are available in a secluded garden section of the resort for adults who want a peaceful getaway.
Room & Suite Amenities
- One king-size bed or two double beds
- Private, furnished balcony or terrace
- Spacious bathroom with vanity (hydro tub in select room categories)
- Luxury bath amenities
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, bottled water, juice, and beer
- 24-hour complimentary room service
- Twice-daily maid service
- Concierge service
- Complimentary Wi-Fi with Unlimited Connectivity
- 42″ cable TV minimum with HD channels
- CD/DVD players
- In-room tablets
- iPod docking stations (Preferred Club rooms only)
- Direct-dial telephone with workstation
- Electric voltage: 110 watts
- Coffee/tea maker
- Air-conditioning with individual climate control
- Ceiling fan
- Electronic in-room safe
- Connecting rooms, ADA rooms, extra beds, and cribs are available upon request
- All rooms and suites are non-smoking
Adults Only Rooms
Dreams Tulum presents an exclusive adults-only section with luxurious rooms.
Adults can get the ultimate relaxation experience and enjoy their rooms with breathtaking views of the beautiful lush gardens. Available room categories include:
- Deluxe Adult Garden View
- Preferred Club Deluxe Swim Out Adult Garden View
If you’ve ever had the pleasure of strolling along beaches in Tulum you will know they are in a league of their own when it comes to comparing them to Playa.
The beach at Dreams Tulum is simply stunning!
The best part about it, in my opinion, is how wide it is in parts (which is becoming more and more of a variety in this region).
It is rocky in parts but not enough for it to put you off going in the water, beautifully framed with palm trees this curvy slice of shoreline is the perfect place to spend your well-earned beach days.
7. Food & Drink
You don’t have to worry about making a reservation at any of Dreams Tulum array of speciality restaurants – you don’t need to.
Choose from nine dining experiences, featuring six à la carte restaurants, a buffet, a grill, and a café.
Or, enjoy a Romantic Dinner in your suite or at one of the Romantic Spots.
I highly highly recommend dinner on the beach for at least one of the nights during your stay at this magnificent hotel (some wedding packages also have extra special options included).
It’s all available at any hour day or night.
8. Activities & Entertainment
Do as much or as little as you like at Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa. After all, it’s your vacation.
- Catch some rays poolside or out on our private stretch of sugar-white sand beach
- Explore coral reefs and life under the sea during a snorkeling tour*
- The Dreams Entertainment team will provide endless fun during the day and at night
- Tee off at Riviera Maya Golf Club or El Camaleon Mayakoba Golf Course with complimentary green fees*
- Drop off the kids at the Mayan-themed Explorer’s Club—a fully supervised children’s program with lots of fun activities
- Teens can enjoy an array of activities, sports, and games at the Core Zone Teens Club
- Discover all that Tulum has to offer and enjoy a wide variety of tours and excursions
Hotel Activities Include:
- Water park – 6 waterslides, 2 giant buckets and an outdoor wet play area
- Themed dinners
- Weekly pool party
- Tennis/tennis clinics*
- Explorer’s Club for Kids
- Table games
- Bocce ball
- Dance and Spanish lessons
- Beach and water volleyball
- Euro-Bungee (for children aged 3-12)
- Beach Olympics
- Water aerobics
- Yoga/Stretching on the beach
- Big-screen movies on the beach
- Beach and pool Bali beds*
- Cocktail and cooking lessons*
- Deep-sea fishing*
- Spa Pantry – Guests can learn how to make their own spa products with local Mexican flora, natural ingredients, and oils. They can take home the products and the knowledge as well as use their product in a massage session at the spa at Dreams Tulum.
9. What Brides Said…
Find out what recent bride who had their wedding at this hotel has to say about their experience…
“Our wedding had been rescheduled twice during covid in another country. My husband and I decided to move our wedding along with 30 guest to Dreams Tulum.
Our wedding coordinator Victoria was hands down amazing, not to mention Arcangel one of our waiters at our wedding whom later was our waiter at one of the dining rooms.
Benito another waiter in the outdoor bars was super friendly to our entire guest. We received great massages by the pool by a very sweet lady which I never got her name.
The hotel does have great measures in place for COVID. Our room was an ocean view which had a great view.”
“I had my wedding here on August 7th and let me tell you, they make you feel right at home since day 1. When we arrived they all welcomed us with open arms. Every time we needed anything it was offered and all we had to do was ask once.
Overall every staff personnel is very helpful and super attentive.”
10. Pros & Cons
Things we LOVE:
- Dreams Resorts are part of AMResorts – we love working with these guys it’s always high-level service, easy and effective. For example, they have been great through the whole COVID pandemic enabling the bride to quickly and easily simply move the date of their wedding and not lose any money, plus their new safety protocols are the best I have seen.
- The hotel isn’t overwhelmingly big, it’s the perfect size in my opinion.
- Great range of wedding packages to choose from.
Things we don’t love as much:
- They may try to sell you a vacation package.
11. Additional Resources You May Find Useful
It doesn’t end here.
Our blog is filled with tons of fun articles to help you plan the wedding of your dreams…
Here are some great starting points for you:
- Worried About Rain On Your Wedding Day?
- My honest review of Grand Palladium weddings
- How Much Does a Wedding in Tulum Cost
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Riviera Maya Wedding Packages
Enjoy! If you don’t find what you’re looking for please let me know in the comments down below. I’ll be happy to help.
12. Get Married in Paradise
The first step to planning the wedding of your dreams?
Assigning you a personal wedding coordinator to help you get it done! SEAMLESSLY.
Get in touch with our experienced team of wedding planners today for FREE!
Our dedicated wedding team is made up of experienced wedding planners from around the world. So, don’t worry I can almost guarantee we speak your language.
This is what we do best! We’ve planned 100s of spectacular events in the region. As locals, we are unbias and know the lay of the land better than anyone.
We’ll be with you every step of the way.
Call us toll-free 888-537-9797.
Contact us via email at email@example.com