How to Get Married in Mexico on A Budget | Affordable Options
Ballin’ on a budget?
Viva Mexico! … The place where lavish luxury can come with an affordable price tag! 🙂
Ready to plan your dream wedding for less than you ever expected?
From affordable packages, that get you the most bang for your buck, to free weddings, and how to source cheap quality vendors…I got chu covered. 😉
Let’s do this…
Your Dream Wedding Made Affordable:
- Free Weddings
- The Average Cost of a Wedding in Mexico
- The Most Affordable Wedding Destinations in Mexico
- Package Deals & Perks
- Grand Palladium Riviera Maya
- Now Saphire
- Barcelo Resorts
- Iberostar Hotel
- Ocean Riviera Paradise
- The Reef
- Affordable Vendors
- Wedding Planners, You Can Trust
1. Free Weddings
Yes, you read that right…
Depending on how many guests plan on joining you
how long they wish to stay…
YOU could be entitled to a free wedding package at one of the best hotels in the region!
Read my blog How to Get a Free Destination Wedding for a full in-depth look here.
TOP 4 Hotels that offer FREE wedding packages:
Be sure to check these out ^^!
Depending on what you want and require for your wedding, the FREE wedding packages don’t always cover everything, therefore they can end up costing you more money than a regular package if you’re not careful.
For example, I recently did a package price comparison…I examined The Royalton’s ‘free wedding’ VS Barcelo’s “strawberry-passion” package…the results were pretty astonishing. Read it here.
2. The Average Cost of A Wedding in Mexico
So, what is the Average Cost of a Destination Wedding in Mexico?
Budget weddings at PlayaDelCarmen.Com cost between 2-5k all in! Now that’s something to rave about!
So, if that’s the kind of budget you’re working with you’re in luck and we can help.
Cost Breakdown for Your Budget Wedding:
- $2000 average all-inclusive wedding package (10-25 people)
- $250-$450 per person for flights (USA)
- $100 transportation to and from the airport
- $50 gratuities
- $500-$3000 in wedding extras (they can add up quickly)
**Doesn’t include hotel accommodation**
So… realistically you are looking at anything between 2900 USD to 4o00 USD (the latter figure includes accommodation).
Which when you compare to the average American expenditure for a wedding means you will be saving over 26k!
Reach out to us today to start planning.
3. The Most Affordable Wedding Destination in Mexico
Mexico is a big country and some regions are more affordable than others, here’s what you need to know:
The tourist capital of Quintana Roo…
Popular not only for its spectacularly affordable resorts, great nightlife, and stunning beaches, you can get quick and cheap flights to Cancun from anywhere in the USA.
Playa del Carmen / Riviera Maya
The Riviera Maya…my personal favorite…dramatic beaches, lush dense jungle, ancient Mayan Ruins, and cenotes, what more could you ask for?
There’s enough to do here to keep adventurous types happy for months on end.
Escape to island time, this scenic haven just off the coast of Playa del Carmen is easily accessible by boat.
It’s is largely undeveloped and boasts incredible beaches, eco-parks, and some of the best scuba diving spots in the world.
The natural beauty and cultural appeal join forces in Puerto Vallarta, which is home to a gorgeous cobblestone town center and picturesque beaches.
Plus, this LGBT-friendly destination is a favorite among budget-conscious same-sex couples.
4. Package Deals & Perks
The best thing about working with local wedding coordinating teams, like us, who know their stuff is that we’re up to speed on the best package deals and perks available.
We have personal relations with all of the hotels that we approve and they keep us apprised of any changes so we can keep our clients up-to-date.
If you’re traveling from Canada or the USA we are able to create a package deal for you that includes your airfare. Win!
…Fear not for the UK and Australia due to the different rules and regulations regarding packaging flights in your country, we’re not able to do it just yet, but it is something we are working on…
Regardless, we have exclusive deals with all of the hotels and coordinate with the resorts onsite wedding team’s regularly.
It certainly helps to have someone on the ground here in Mexico. 😉
A lot of the hotels offer special perks for the couple and their wedding group…
This can include things like free:
- Room Upgrades
- Couples Massage
- Private Beach Dinner
- Anniversary Night Stays, etc
At PlayaDelCarmen.Com we will ensure you get all the best wedding perks available to you and we go above and beyond to make your wedding day as special as can be.
Now for the good stuff…The weddings team and myself have rounded up our top choice of hotels for organizing a wedding on a budget to ensure you are looking at the hotels and resort that offer the best bang for your buck…enjoy!
5. Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa
★★★★★ | Kid-Friendly | Playa del Carmen
PALLADIUM WITH LOVE PACKAGE
Designed with style, value, and flexibility in mind, Palladium with Love gives you a beautiful base palette to work with and lets you add or design your choice of options.
PRICE: $2,200 USD
Includes up to 25 people!
- Wedding amenities
- 2 asymmetrical tropical floral arrangements for your ceremony space
- Signing table accent of roses and greenery
- Palladium with love personal flowers for the couple
- White folding garden chairs
- Two-tiered wedding cake with“Naked” or “Buttersweet” icing and fresh flowers
6. Now Saphirea
★★★★ | Kid-Friendly | Puerto Morelos
YOUR MOMENTS WEDDING PACKAGE
If you’re looking for a small intimate wedding with everything you need to host a romantic event for you and your loved ones the Now Saphire resort boasts incredible value for money packages…
PRICE: $999 USD or complimentary (when booking a minimum of 7 nights in the Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean-Front View or higher room category, or if 5 rooms are reserved for a minimum of 3 nights at any room category).
Includes up to 10 guests!
- Dedicated wedding coordinator
- Symbolic ceremony bouquet and or boutonnieres for the wedding couple
- Preparation of the couple’s wedding day attire
- Wedding cake for up to 10 guests
- Sparkling wine toast for up to 10 guests
- Romantic turndown service that evening
- Rose petal drawn jacuzzi bath bottle of sparkling wine and chocolate-covered strawberries
- Late check out for the wedding couple upon request and availability
- 20% off spa treatment
7. Barcelo Resorts
★★★★ | Kid-Friendly & Adults Only | Xpu-Ha
BLUEBERRY DREAM WEDDING PACKAGE
A 6-hotel resort offering a 24-hour all-inclusive service.
PRICE: 2,000 USD
Includes up to 25 guests!
- Ceremony Location
- Wedding Coordinator
- Justice of the Peace or Nondenominational Minister
- Premium wristband for bride and groom
- Free upgrade to the next category (upon availability)
- Marriage certificate (for civil weddings, documents are issued in Spanish)
- Dinner reservation in one of our specialty restaurants, depending amount of guest**
- Witnesses if required for legal ceremony
- Sparkling wine for ceremony toast
- Wedding cake
- Bridal Bouquet and Groom Boutonniere
- One hour private cocktail with an appetizer’s selection for an unlimited number of guests***
- Sound equipment for ceremony and cocktail hour
- Special amenities and bottle of sparkling wine sent to the room
- A special gift, courtesy of Barceló Maya
- Grand Resort
- Late check out until 3:00 pm (on request, subject to availability)
- 50% discount in the VIP area of the Jaguar’s Disco for the wedding group.
- The bride and groom will get free access to the VIP area.
8. Iberostar Hotels
★★★★★ | Kid-Friendly & Adults Only | Cancun, Playa del Carmen & The Riviera Maya
SILVER STAR WEDDING PACKAGE
Iberostar is world-renowned for their world-class service and attention to detail…the wedding services are also nothing short of brilliant offering tons of bang for buck.
PRICE: 1,999 USD
Includes up to 25 guests!
- Wedding service
- Minister and legal fees
- Venue set up and ceremony items
- Music (sound system and CD player)
- Reception dinner
- Wedding cake
- 10% discount on spa services
9. Ocean Riviera Paradise
★★★★★ | Kid-Friendly & Adults Only | Playa del Carmen
SUNSET WEDDING PACKAGE
This place has a prime beach postcode – a couple of palms are the only thing standing between you and the ocean.
Plus, it’s just 10 minutes drive to Playa del Carmen, with its shop and bar-packed 5th Avenue.
PRICE: 2000 USD
Includes up to 20 guests!
- Wedding location
- Professional wedding coordinator
- Bridal bouquet and matching groom’s boutonniere
- Sound system for the ceremony
- One small tabletop flower arrangement for the ceremony
- Non-denominational minister
- White avant-garde wedding chairs (up to 20 attendees)**
- White wedding cake (up to 20 people)
- Sparkling wine for ceremony toast (up to 20 attendees)
- Cocktail hour reception with basic appetizers and national open bar (up to 20 attendees)**
- Soloist for cocktail hour (45 minutes)
- Dinner reservation in à la carte restaurant (up to 20 attendees)**
- Special amenities and decoration in the couple’s room on the wedding date
- Romantic dinner at one of our à la carte restaurants for the wedding couple the day after their wedding
- 15% discount at Despacio Spa Centre
- Room upgrade (subject to availability, based on the main category)
- Late check-out (subject to availability)
10. The Reef Playacar
★★★★ | Adults Only | Playa del Carmen
MAYA WEDDING PACKAGE
Nestled between stunning beaches and Playa del Carmen’s bustling 5th Avenue.
Choose between an all-inclusive package or a bed + breakfast booking.
PRICE: 2500 USD
Includes up to 15 guests!
- Ceremony on the beach
- Shaman Maya ceremony on the beach
- Floral bow
- Aisle runner with natural shells and starfish decoration
- Traditional Mayan music
- Bridal bouquet with seasonal flowers
- Boutonniere for the groom matching brides bouquet
- Wedding cake flowers
- Wedding cake with traditional white frosting for 15 people
- Sacred drinks “Xtabentun” for the couple and guest after the wedding (15 ppl)
- Semi-private dinner at one of the a la carte restaurants for 15 ppl.
- Wedding gift
- Late checkout for the couple
- 15% discount on spa services
11. Top Tips for Finding Affordable Vendors
So, let’s talk vendors…
What is a wedding vendor?
A wedding vendor can be a photographer, wedding cake maker, hairstylist, make up artist (you get the picture) that you hire outside of the hotel.
The good news is that the hotel does have contracts with all of the above and oftentimes you will find them included in the wedding packages they sell.
Even if you pay for them as additional extras to your package they still tend to be cheaper as they are “trusted contractors”.
However, if you don’t like the services on offer at the hotel, you can hire externally.
Albeit there is almost ALWAYS a ridiculously high vendor fee to pay usually around 700-800 USD.
This money is just to allow the external person or service into the hotel for your wedding!
Crazy, I know, right?
It’s no wonder that when this cash is factored in couples like you need to find an affordable vendor.
Luckily for you, there are 100s if not 1000s of Cancun and Riviera Maya wedding groups that you can join on Facebook to ask around and get recommendations.
However, my top tip for you would be head on over to the Locals and Expats Playa del Carmen group (there’s even one for the broader region of the Riviera Maya).
Make a post describing what you are after, with your budget, and request that people send you some sort of portfolio.
There are 1000s of talented professionals living right here in Playa, you will find lots of creatives/foodies eagerly ready to respond to your message.
12. Wedding Planners, You Can Trust
Planning your wedding is one of the most special occasions of your life…
No matter the size of your budget you deserve the perfect day! 🙂
At PlayaDelCarmen.Com our dedicated wedding coordinators can help make that happen.
There are an endless array of packages and optional extras to choose from at each of the hotels, based on your vision and your budget our experienced team can help you choose the right one for you and your group.
We’ve planned 100s of spectacular events in the region. As locals, we are unbias and know the lay of the land better than anyone.
We’ll be with you every step of the way.
Call us toll-free 888-537-9797.
Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org