5 Awe-Inspiring, All-Inclusive Luxury Resorts in Playa del Carmen
High-end, upscale, luxurious elegance best describe the all-inclusive luxury resorts in Playa del Carmen.
If you have ever traveled to Mexico and been amazed by the incredible decor and the impeccable hospitality, get ready to experience another level of wow.
In a previous post, I made a list of the top 5 luxury hotels in Playa del Carmen.
As promised, I am following it up with the 5 best 5-star enclaves where everything is included (sounds a little like Westworld).
The 7 Criteria I Use to Rate These Hotels
- The awe factor – What makes you go wow.
- Restaurants/Food – Quality over quantity, exquisite should always be at the tip of your tongue.
- Wellness & Spa – Bliss factor extreme.
- Room size – Cramped quaters? Not here.
- Room amenities –You do expect to be pampered after all.
- Bathroom amenities – And left smelling fantastic.
- Customer service – Discreet, personalized, and impeccable service that would make even Jeeves proud.
All-Inclusive Luxury Resorts in Playa del Carmen
The following 5 resorts are beyond nice. They’re the epitome of luxury travel.
Gourmet dining, stunning decor, only the finest quality furnishings, and if having a butler is your type of thing, you can have that too.
1) Grand Velas Riviera Maya
The name itself evokes images of grandeur.
And so it is.
One of the most exclusive resorts in the entire Mexican Caribbean, Grand Velas Riviera Maya takes lavishness to another level and then combines it with a prime beachfront location just a few kilometers north of Playa del Carmen.
Grand Velas has arguably the best convention center in the region, a stunning infinity pool overlooking the Caribbean Sea, spacious rooms that spare no detail and fantastic culinary options at 8 different restaurants.
- Prices starting at: $725 per night
- Rooms: 491 rooms & suites
- Awe factor: The majestic installations & world-class amenities
- Restaurants/Food: 8 restaurants dedicated to top gourmet cuisine
- Wellness & Spa: “A calming sanctuary built in harmony with the natural jungle”
- Amenities: “Beyond All Inclusive, Beyond All Compare”
- Beach: Wide, white sand, almost private beach
- Reservations: Grand Velas
2) Secrets Akumal
Secrets Akumal is a gorgeous adults-only getaway set along the stunning Akumal Bay.
Meaning “Place of Turtles” in Mayan, Akumal is located just twenty minutes south of Playa del Carmen.
Boasting 434 elegant suites, many of which have stunning ocean views, Secrets Akumal offers an idyllic romantic getaway, guests are pampered by the resort’s all-inclusive, Unlimited Luxury® plan.
In addition, this sophisticated resort is home to an amazing 13,000 square foot spa which offers a soul-soothing array of hydrotherapy and specialty treatments.
- Prices starting at: $495 per night
- Rooms: 434 rooms & suites
- Awe factor: The sophisticated setting
- Restaurants/Food: 9 outstanding restaurants
- Wellness & Spa: As George Takei would say, “Oh, myyy!”
- Amenities: Unlimited Luxury®
- Beach: A beautiful, tranquil bay
- Reservations: Secrets Akumal
3) Rosewood Mayakoba
Rosewood Mayakoba is an elegant, refined resort surrounded by verdant jungle and mesmerizing white sands beaches.
Located on the outskirts of Playa del Carmen, this 1,600 acre paradise has been designed to blend harmony with the natural landscapes of the Riviera Maya.
This oasis of luxury offers 130 oversized suites featuring rooftop sundecks, private plunge pools, individal docks, and garden showers.
In addition, Rosewood Mayakoba pampers guests with 24-hour butler service, incredible cuisine, and a 17,000 square foot luxurious spa housed on a private island.
- Prices starting at: $695 per night
- Rooms: 130 rooms & suites
- Awe factor: Quaint, elegant & elite
- Restaurants/Food: 3 uber-luxurious, uber-delicious restaurants
- Wellness & Spa: 17,000 sq. ft. of pure island wellness
- Amenities: The only thing missing is the white-gloved butler. Wait! They have that too!
- Beach: The beach is nice but not the best stretch of coastline in the region
- Reservations: Rosewood Mayakoba
4) Zoetry Paraiso La Bonita
Zoetry Paraiso La Bonita is a stunning 90-room oasis located along a pristine stretch of coastline in the Riviera Maya.
This world-class all-inclusive boutique resort is an adults-only paradise offering a unique focus on wellness and romance.
The resort’s all-inclusive, awe-inspiring Endless Privileges® package offers gourmet dining, private airport transfers, 24-hour in-room dining, maid service three times daily, top-shelf spirits, and complimentary green fees at Grand Coral Golf course, among other pampering amenities.
A winner of the AAA Five Diamond Award for 13 consecutive years and member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Zoëtry Paraiso de la Bonita also boasts a AAA Four Diamond restaurant and the first certified Thalassotherapy center in North America.
- Prices starting at: $490 per night
- Rooms: 90 rooms & suites
- Awe factor: The perfect touch to everything
- Restaurants/Food: Great food overall and one AAA Four Diamond Restaurant
- Wellness & Spa: This resort is all about wellness
- Amenities: Endless Privileges® makes this one of the best all-inclusives
- Beach: Pristine
- Reservations: Zoetry Paraiso La Bonita
5) Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Winner of the World’s #1Travelers’ Choice® Award, Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso is a beautiful resort located halfway between Cancun and Playa del Carmen.
The 310-suite, all-inclusive enclave is an adults-only paradise offering the best in privacy and comfort.
Attention to detail and commitment to excellence in quality are hallmarks of the Iberostar Grand Riviera Maya, and it can be experienced in every aspect of the guest experience.
All suites overlook either the garden or the ocean and come equipped with all the luxurious amenities you would expect from a 5-star resort.
In addition, Iberostar has a premier spa and offers guests the chance to get in a round of golf at the Iberostar Riviera Maya Golf Course.
- Prices starting at: $485 per night
- Rooms: 301 rooms & suites
- Awe factor: Attention to detail
- Restaurants/Food: 4 restaurants led by leading international chefs
- Wellness & Spa: Nice but not necessarily the resort’s strong point
- Amenities: Well worth the price of purchase
- Beach: A beautiful stretch of beach
- Reservations: Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Did we leave you with any questions?
If so, our travel specialists are not only wonderful people, they’re also local experts with the knowledge, professionalism and passion to make sure that each detail of your next trip to Playa del Carmen is as magical as your dream of being here.
They can be contacted toll-free at 888-537-9797.
See you soon!